Spring 2016 New Student Orientation
Welcome to HCC! We are excited about the new school year, and we want you to have a great start. New Student Orientation (NSO) provides you with information about the college that will help you make a successful transition. HCC is committed to your success and believes the NSO will be a critical experience in your journey with us. As a new student, it is mandatory to attend one full session. Online-only students are mandated to complete their New Online Student Orientation in Moodle.
- Dates and times by major are located below. Check the NSO Agenda to get a break down of the days events.
- All sessions begin in the Fine & Performing Arts Building, Leslie Phillips Theater/Forum.
- Students with disabilities or who require special accommodations should contact the Office for Students with Disabilities and Deaf Services at (413) 552-2417.
- Student ID is required for Orientation.
- To get a parking sticker you'll need to bring your driver's license and auto registration.
- Utilize the Successful Student Checklist to assure you are fully prepared for your first week!
- HCC at A Glance - is a quick reference guide about HCC's support services and programs available to you. You will receive a hard copy of this brochure the day of your Orientation session but it is always available online.
- PVTA Bus Service - The P11 service during the days of New Student Orientation, will be leaving Springfield at Noon and arriving at HCC at 12:30, and then will pick students up to go back to Springfield at 5:30 p.m. For further questions please contact PVTA officials.
Questions? Check out the FAQ's page or contact email@example.com or call the Student Affairs Office at (413) 552-2100.
JANUARY 14 (1:00 - 4:30 PM)
HEALTH AND NATURAL SCIENCE
- Environmental Science
- Foundations of Health
- Health, Fitness and Nutrition
- Natural Resources
- Sustainability - All Options
JANUARY 19 (1:00 - 4:30 PM)
- Criminal Justice
- Education - All Options
- Forensic Science
- Gender Studies
- Human Services - All Options
- Women Studies
ARTS AND HUMANITIES
- Communication, Media and Theater Arts - All Options
- Creative Writing
- Deaf Studies
- Electronic Media
- General Integrated Studies
- Graphic Arts
- Liberal Arts & Science
- Visual Arts
JANUARY 21 (1:00 - 4:30 PM)
BUSINESS, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING & MATHEMATICS
- Administrative Professional Studies
- Business Administration - All Options
- Computer Information Systems - All Options
- Culinary Arts
- Food Service Management
- Sports Administration