Readmit Student

If you previously attended HCC but have been away for one full semester (or more), you are considered a Readmit student. Welcome back to HCC! Follow the steps below, and you'll be registering for classes in no time!


    1. 1

      Apply for admission.

      Complete an online application. Note: You need a different application if: You’re interested in becoming a registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, or radiology technician. If you’re still in high school and want to be a dually enrolled student, you must use the high school Early Admit Form. International Students must download the International Student Application.


      Applying to HCC early will allow time for you to complete your placement testing assessment, meet with an academic advisor, and attend orientation! Holyoke Community College can’t guarantee the availability of all courses. Apply today so you can begin the enrollment process and get the classes you need!

    1. 2

      Apply for financial aid.

      Nearly half of all HCC students receive financial aid from federal, state, and private sources. One application—the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)—is used to determine the amount of aid you will receive. To meet deadlines and ensure fund availability, it is important to fill out your application as soon as possible. The HCC Financial Aid Office can help you complete and submit your paperwork—you can even apply and submit federal financial aid forms directly from our self-service computers. Get started here.

    1. 3


      If you have attended another college or university during the lapsed period, a transcript from that institution is required. Please mail official transcripts to: HCC Admissions Office, 303 Homestead Avenue Holyoke, MA 01040.

    1. 4

      Placement Test 

      Once accepted, if you have not previously taken a placement test, your next step is here. Placement testing assesses your skill level in writing, reading, and math to ensure your success. Also, while you’re at the Assessment Center, we’ll take your photo for your college identification card.

      Your placement test scores are valid for two years. You will need to take the Accuplacer Assessment Test again if your scores are greater than two years old at the time of submitting the readmit application. Placement testing is not needed if you have successfully completed a college level math and English class at HCC or another college. If that’s you, make sure your college transcripts are sent to the Admissions Office as soon as possible, and contact the HCC test administrator to arrange to have your photo taken for your student ID card.

    1. 5

      New Student Advising and Registration

      When you’ve completed your CPT, you will make an appointment to meet with an advisor. If you were allowed to waive the CPT (because you had taken the test within the last two years or had completed college-level coursework), you’ll need to contact the Advising Center to make an appointment. During the meeting with your advisor, you’ll review your educational plan, choose courses, and register for classes.

    1. 6

      Submit Proof of Immunization

      Massachusetts law (Chapter 76, Section 15C) requires that all students carrying 12 or more credits must submit proof, within 30 days of registering for courses, of the following immunizations: MMR (measles, mumps, rubella: 2 shots), Tdap (tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis: must be within last 10 years), Hepatitis B (3 shots), and chickenpox (2 shots). Documentation of positive antibody titers for measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, and varicella is acceptable. Immunization records can be obtained from your high school, physician’s office, military records, or other colleges attended, and must be submitted to HCC Health Services Office (Frost 105D) for review. If needed, low cost vaccines are available at HCC Health Services.

    1. 7

      Orientation & Vehicle Registration

      After you meet with your advisor and register for classes, you’ll receive a packet of information in the mail, including the date and time of your orientation. Orientation will cover everything from academic policies to registering your car, accessing the college computer network, locating campus resources and services, and securing a student ID and bus pass. It’s also a great opportunity to meet other students, get familiar with the campus, and pick up your books. While you’re on campus, stop by the Office of Public Safety to register and get your parking permit.

    1. 8

      Pay Tuition and Fees

      You can pay your tuition and fees online at MyHCC, by mail, or in person at the Bursar’s Office. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify, and HCC also has a payment plan available. Follow the Paying for College link for more information.

  1. 9

    Get Updates & Print Your Class Schedule

    The week before classes begin, logon to MyHCC to check for any changes and print your class schedule.


Please note:

Even if you’ve only been gone for one semester, graduation requirements and fees may have changed since you first enrolled at HCC! Check the current catalog for updates. Students not enrolled at HCC for fall or spring semester will be subject to any updates, changes in graduation requirements, and/or applicable fees published in the most current catalog at the time of readmission.


Holyoke Community College
303 Homestead Ave. Holyoke, MA 01040